St. Paul’s Strategic Planning
Do not copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think
—Romans 12:2 (NRSV)
In 2014, a planning process was initiated to determine St. Paul’s objectives for the next five years. Through the efforts of the Church Council and staff, a new mission statement, core values, and strategic objectives were laid out.
Sharing Christ’s Message to transform all generations.
- All generations growing in Christ
- A church that builds genuine relationships
- Care and concern for neighbors
- Honoring the past and embracing the future
- Growth in Discipleship – more hands to carry out the mission. Grow the number of weekly worshippers by 15% over the next two years.
- Educate members in Christ’s message to grow along their spiritual journey.
- We will invest in and expand our children’s and family ministry to better support our families and expand our growth. The goal is to provide a “best in class” program.
- Education for all—support our members as they move along their faith journey with expanded programs and opportunities.
- Action—we will serve our neighbors through ministry and be active in our community.
In order to carry out this strategy, St. Paul’s will invest in staffing.
- An Associate Pastor to lead children’s and family services and provide additional service offerings.
- Additional future investment in staff to lead:
- Coordination of member involvement
- Improve communications to members—frequency, website development, text communications, Facebook, etc.
- Lead the stewardship efforts to assist all members with “plugging in” their time and talent into St. Paul’s
- Assist with strategic fundraising